We are calling all sponsors, local and regional organizations, to support Free the Hops’ mission to advocate for craft beer liberties and education by participating in brewfes!
- Sponsorship applications are due by July 8, 2017
- Applications will be confirmed by July 15, 2017
- Payment is due in full by July 22, 2017
MCBF is our number one source of funding and the largest beer-focused event in the state. The event’s net proceeds are used to fund the activities of Free the Hops, an Alabama non-profit 501(c)(6) organization. None of the Free the Hops members who organize and work at MCBF are financially compensated for their work. We do it because we love craft beer, we love teaching people about the wide world of beer, and we want to change the prohibition era beer laws in Alabama.
Free the Hops, with its partners, has been integral in alleviating restrictions for craft beer lovers in the state, contributing to an enormous impact on the local economy.
- Increased the limit on alcohol by volume (ABV) in beer from 6% to 13.9%
- Breweries can now sell beer for consumption on-premises
- Removed the crippling restrictions which prevented new breweries and brewpubs from opening
- Allowing the sale of beer packaged in larger format bottles, up to 25.4oz (750ml)
- Supporting Right to Brew in legalizing homebrewing
- Supporting Alabama Brewers’ Guild in allowing breweries to sell packaged beer directly to the public “to go”
These law changes have enabled new breweries to start up, restaurants and retailers to increase gourmet beer sales, and a craft beer craze to take hold. Free the Hops has support from craft beer consumers. Sponsors of Magic City Brewfest will be included on numerous publications to a captive beer audience.
- 800 paid members
- 4,500 newsletter subscribers
- 7,000 fans of our two Facebook pages
- 7,500 Twitter followers
We hope to have your support!
Sponsor Coordinator, Magic City Brewfest 2017